This course has been postponed due to COVID-19. A new date for this course has not yet been arranged. If you have any questions about this course please get in touch.
Course Tutors: Dr Nic Harman (Research Associate, University of Liverpool) & Prof. Shaun Treweek (Professor of Health Services Research, University of Aberdeen)
Summary: Recruitment and retention is a long-standing issue within clinical trials. By recognising issues early-on in the lifecycle of a trial, delays and obstacles to completing the trial on time and on budget can be avoided.
This course will provide delegates with a background to problems with recruitment and retention in clinical trials, and practical solutions to proactively solve issues before they are established.
A lack of evidence as to the solutions to recruitment and retention problems within clinical trials means strategies not known to be effective continue to be used and do so with little consideration of cost, resource and time implications. This course will highlight ways in which this can be improved within trial management to better inform methodology for future trials.
This course will be split into two sessions:
· Scene setting – what do we know about problems with recruitment and retention in clinical trials?
· What evidence do we have to support what we do?
· Timeline of a trial – when can problems be identified, and what does this mean for the success of the trial?
· How to think about resource and costs of implementing resolutions to problems
· How to involve the wider trial team i.e. data management, statistics etc.
· “Troubleshooting” clinic – an interactive session to solve recruitment and retention issues in current trials managed by delegates. Putting into practice the information and ideas from the morning session.
We encourage submitting a short summary of the actual or potential recruitment and retention issues experienced by your trial using the Recruitment and Retention discussion form to get the most out of the discussion in the afternoon session. Please send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20 March, at the latest.
The cost of this training event is £140. This course is available exclusively to UKTMN Members. The cost of the course includes training material, refreshments and lunch. Travel or accommodation costs will not be reimbursed.
Places on this course are limited to 25. You need to register your place as soon as possible in order to not miss out! Once you have registered you will receive an email and online link to the payment platform. Please note invoices cannot be raised for this event, payment can be taken online only.
Places are non-refundable. If you can no longer attend the event, you may transfer the place to a named colleague who is a member of the UKTMN. To make any changes to your place, please email email@example.com.
For any queries, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org