Become a Member of UKTMN
The Network provides members access to a powerful knowledge base and the opportunity to develop expertise, solve problems, share experiences and exchange ideas with a network of trial managers, around the UK.
The Network has a specific remit to support trial managers working in academic-led, non-commercial trials. However, we seek to be an inclusive organisation and therefore do not exclude ‘trial managers’ working on collaborative academic/ industry trials. Each application for membership will be reviewed according to membership criteria.
Definition of Network Member
The UKTMN defines a 'trial manager' as the person who has day-to-day responsibility for the management of operational aspects of a clinical trial or other high quality, large scale study. Core tasks that may be the responsibilities of trial managers are listed below, but we recognise that not all trial managers will necessarily do all of these.
- Contribute to the development of the trial/study protocol
- Obtain and maintain relevant trial/study approvals (e.g. ethics, regulatory)
- Support and train trial/study staff at CTUs and external sites
- Manage essential trial/study documents and amendments (version control, TMF)
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with trial/study procedures
- Contribute to trial/study data management and quality assurance activities
- Monitor and manage trial/study recruitment and retention
- Monitor trial/study budget
- Provide regular updates for all stakeholders
- Contribute to trial/study dissemination activities
Two Tiers of UKTMN Membership and its Benefits
In 2017, we introduced two tiers of UKTMN membership to reflect the different requirements of trial managers according to their field of work and employing institution. We offer the following tiers:
UKTMN Full member
UKTMN Affiliate member
The annual membership fee is currently £50 for Full members and free for Affiliate members (see terms and conditions for further details). The membership fee may increase in subsequent years as the UKTMN moves into self-sustaining mode.
Full Membership Benefits
- Annual meeting (early registration with discounted fee)
- Slides from annual meetings
- Bespoke training courses (early registration with discounted fee)
- Professional Accreditation Scheme (under development)
- Members only discussion forums
- Job vacancies advertised on UKTMN website
- Membership directory, members' profiles and CVs and members search function (require Member sign-in, under development)
- Access to local TMN groups
- All benefits for Affiliate members and resources available to the public
Affiliate Membership Benefits
- Annual meeting (full price registration)
- Bespoke training courses (full price registration)
- Adverts for new training courses and annual network meeting
- Mailing of UKTMN newsletters and other relevant information/updates
- Resources available to the public
Resources Available to the Public
All public areas of the website including
- “A Guide to Efficient Trial Management”
- Useful resources such as trial management publications and guidance
- Links for Trial Managers
Terms and Conditions
The membership year is 1st September – 31st August. All membership fees will be renewable prior to 1st September each year. This is a flat rate, regardless of when you join. No refunds are applicable for those cancelling membership during the membership year.
To subscribe as a member of UKTMN you must satisfy five of the 10 core tasks set out on the registration page.
Only a work email will be accepted as a contact email (i.e. not a personal email) on the registration page.
If you change your job and no longer meet the UKTMN membership criteria, your membership will be deemed to be invalid.
REGISTER AND SUBSCRIBE NOW
Last Reviewed:June 2017